Tuesday, June 4, 2013

DIY: Pearl Waist Wrap


Last weekend, my boyfriend, Ricky, invited me for a romantic dinner at G-town. I was inspired to be his "princess" for the night. I wanted to wear a tiara, but it had too much bling (really, I wanted to!). Instead of being a diva, I decided to play around with pearls since they seem more elegant and I knew it would look good with my flowy peach rose dress. 


I noticed that I had a few looks from everyone I passed by. 
I don't know if they approve, but who cares? 
Ricky thought I was beautiful :)

 So here's the materials as shown above:
- Glue gun (you can use a super glue too since they stick better! Careful though!)
- Ribbon 
- Pearls
- Measuring tape
- Scissors

Optional
- Needle
- Thread

***If you aren't in a hurry, it's better that you sew the pearls into the ribbon so it won't fall off. But if you don't know how to sew, it's better you use a very strong glue.***





Step 1


Measure your waist. 
Once you measured your waist, add 6 more inches to your ribbon or
depending on how long you want your ribbon to hang
after you wrap it around your waist.

Also, determine the center part of your ribbon where you'll 
mostly put your pearls.

Step 2:


Take the measurement of your waist and use it to measure 
your ribbon. 


Step 3:


Snip off the ends diagonally using your scissors. 
Then keep the ends from fraying by glueing the ends.


Step 4:


Glue your pearl.



Step 5:


Place your pearl on your ribbon.



Step 6:


Glue another pearl. 


You can design your ribbon however you like.
It doesn't have to be exactly like what I did, what matters is,
You know it'll look good because you will be wearing it! :D



I'm hoping that you enjoyed following my instructions or if not- and you have any questions, leave a comment below! I love reading people's reactions :)




**I'd like to take this opportunity to thank my boyfriend for being patient with me in taking pictures of my out-of- that- day we had our date ! I love you babes! You are theee best! <3" 





2 comments:

  1. I love this DIY and you did look like a princess! Adorable way to use up old ribbons and pearls!

    xo B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww! Thank you so much for reading my post and I'm soo glad you liked it! I really did enjoy wearing that with my dress :)

      Delete